A resource for all news, strategies, media, and events pertaining to Team Fortress 2, for PC, coming this fall from Valve - bundled with Half-Life Episode 2 and Portal


Optimized for Mozilla Firefox

Your support of this blog is desperately appreciated. :)


8.18.2006

The Original Team Fortress Theme Song

A little fraggin' music, maestro. :)

Apparently, the first Team Fortress had an operetic theme song.

From http://miknight.blogspot.com/2005/12/team-fortress-theme-song.html


It was from a collection of songs known as the Carmina Burana by Carl Orff. The theme song is number 5: I Primo Vere - Ecce gratum. Apparently Primo Vere means "In Springtime" or "the first Spring". Ecce gratum roughly means "behold, the pleasant (Spring)". If you're interested you can view the lyrics (with translation -- I know my Latin is pretty rusty).

It was great to be able to finally hear the song in something of greater quality than the woefully encoded wave file included in the TF package. The song brings back a lot of memories and I've blogged the details here in the hope other people will be able to find the song and experience the same thing.


I didn't get it to work, but I'm sure some hunting with Amazon or Google could find an easier version to work with. Since I didn't really get enough time with good ole' Team Fortress for Quake, I doubt I would remember it. It was Weapons Factory that got me hooked. Maybe recalling my WeapFact days would make an interesting post one day.

Thanks to Mike and Mike's Blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Google